Do's and Don'ts for Clubs
Here is some advice for what to do, and what not, at league events.
- Appoint a team captain who is not taking part in the race – it makes the job of recording much easier.
- Team Captains - collect your team sheet from me before the start of the race. Raise any queries about the status of new runners at this stage.
- Make sure you are familiar with the venue and arrive in good time (some races have a long walk from the car park to the start).
- On arrival – notify the team captain of your intention to take part in the race. Verify that your name and date of birth is listed corrected on the team sheet.
- Remember to tell the team captain your finishing position after the race (before you go home).
- Always wear your official club colours.
- Follow all the directions of marshals and marker posts around the course. Keep off the course and the finishing straight after you have finished.
- Line up at the start if you have not registered your arrival to anyone and haven’t paid your entry fee.
- Run as a scoring competitor if you know that you are in the elite class (ie you are male and normally manage 10K in sub 34 min; female who runs sub 38 min for 10K).
- Accompany your friends into the finish straight for a second time after you have completed the race – it confuses the timekeepers.
- Go home without letting your team captain or me know where you finished.